NEW ORLEANS, La. – Janice Ochenkowski, international director of global risk management for Jones Lang LaSalle in Chicago (pictured below), was honoured today with the Harry and Dorothy Goodell Award.
Named for the first president of RIMS, the risk management society – and viewed as the society’s most prestigious honour – the award pays tribute to an individual who has furthered the goals of RIMS and the risk management discipline through outstanding service and achievement, notes a statement Monday from RIMS.
The award was presented during the RIMS 2015 Annual Conference & Exhibition Awards Luncheon, being held Apr. 26-28 in New Orleans.
Other awards presented during the luncheon include the following:
• Victoria Nolan, risk and benefits manager for Clean Water Services, received the Ron Judd “Heart of RIMS” Award, which pays tribute to the legacy of the long-time executive director of RIMS, for her outstanding performance in furthering risk management at the chapter level. Nolan is an active member of RIMS Oregon Chapter.
• Anna Bendgen, risk management specialist at Sedgwick, Andrew Bent, senior advisor of environment, health and safety at Suncor Energy Inc., and Yelena Urcia, senior global insurance analyst at The AES Corporation, were each honoured with the RIMS Rising Star Award. All three recipients were recognized for demonstrating exceptional initiative, volunteerism, professional development, achievement and leadership potential. The award honours up-and-coming risk management professionals under the age of 35 or those who have seven or less years of professional experience in the industry.
• Richard Rabs, immediate past chair of RIMS External Affairs Committee, was presented with the Richard W. Bland Memorial Award, which recognizes a RIMS member’s dedicated commitment in the area of legislation or regulation.
• Michael Grosso, risk analyst for Bimbo Bakeries USA, received the Cristy Award, meant to acknowledge the individual who earned the highest marks on the three exams required to earn the Associate of Risk Management designation.
• Kathleen M. Ireland, vice president of global risk management for IBM Corp. was honoured with the 2015 Risk Manager of the Year Award.
RIMS also recognized the exceptional work of its chapters for outstanding chapter programming and conferences; advancing the risk management profession; outstanding member services; as well as membership growth, the press release adds.
More coverage of the RIMS 2015 Annual Conference & Exhibition
Cyber risk vaults into Top 10, interconnectedness of risk underscores need for solid risk management: Aon survey
RIMS Community Service Day focuses on rebuilding two catastrophe-affec
ted neighbourhoods in New Orleans
Risk management networks key, innovation often comes from necessity: RIMS president