The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, a Crown corporation that provides auto insurance in the province, has cut about 250 positions, mainly in management.
Five members of its executive have left the company, and two executive positions reporting to the CEO have been eliminated, ICBC announced.
Its executive team now includes:
- Mark Blucher, Interim President & CEO
- Steve Crombie, Vice President, Communications and Marketing
- Sheila Eddin, Vice President, Transformation
- Kellee Irwin, Vice President, Insurance and Driver Licensing (Acting)
- Brian Jarvis, Vice President, Claims (Acting)
- Kathy Parslow, Vice President, Corporate Services
- Andy Platten, Chief Information Officer
- Len Posyniak, Vice President, Human Resources
- Geri Prior, Chief Financial Officer
“These reductions go beyond the recommendations from the Government review of ICBC earlier this year and bring staffing below 2008 levels,” ICBC noted in a release. “The company will be working to finalize further organizational changes and will also align compensation policy with Government’s new guidelines.”