Analytical research firm MSA Research is launching a new conference targeted toward brokers, MGAs and insurers involved in the commercial space in Canada.
The first Canadian Commercial Insurance Summit (CCIS) will take place June 23 to 25, 2013 in Muskoka, Ont. The event will include expert speakers, breakout sessions and networking opportunities.
The CCIS agenda and conference ground rules will be driven by an Advisory Committee consisting of commercial broker CEOs from across Canada and three carrier CEOs. The emcee for the first CCIS will be Andreas (Andy) Henke, retired CEO of GCAN, formerly Gerling Canada.
“We are delighted to be coming out of the gate with such an outstanding advisory committee.” Joel Baker, CEO of MSA Research noted in a statement. “Support for this has been overwhelming as there is an obvious need for a national annual gathering for leaders in the Canadian commercial market.”
The inaugural CCIS advisory committee includes:
- Joel Baker, President and CEO, MSA Research Inc. (Toronto)
- Rodney Hancock, CEO, McFarlan Rowlands (London, Ont.)
- Andrew Kemp, President, CMW Insurance Services Ltd. (Burnaby, B.C.)
- Stéphan Bernatchez, Owner, Deslauriers & Associés inc. (Montreal)
- Robert Harrison, Martin Merry & Reid Limited and President, TIC (Toronto)
- Christine Lithgow, CEO, Aon Risk Solutions (Toronto)
- Valerie Cusano, President, Iridium Risk Services (Calgary)
- Andy Henke, Retired CEO, GCAN Insurance Company
- Patrick Lundy, President and CEO, Zurich Canada (Toronto)
- Stephen Halsall, Halsall Insurance Limited and President, IBAC (St. John)
- Andrew Hollenberg, President, ACE Canada (Toronto)
- Lynn Oldfield, President and CEO, AIG Canada (Toronto)
Robert Harrison, President of the Toronto Insurance Conference announced the formation of the new conference at the TIC’s recent black tie event. “We are thrilled to be involved and to see that it is gaining such momentum,” he noted in a statement. “The CCIS fills a gap in the Canadian market and should become an important event/opportunity in the annual calendar of TIC’s members, the leading commercial brokers in Canada.”
“We are very excited about the CCIS as it provides a much needed forum for brokers and commercial carriers from across the country to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest.” Lynn Oldfield, president and CEO of AIG Canada added. “AIG Canada is looking forward to playing an important role in shaping this event alongside other insurers and our valued broker partners.”
Registration for the CCIS will open early in 2013. MSA Research currently organized two other prominent industry events including The National Insurance Conference of Canada (NICC) and The Canadian Insurance Financial Forum (CIFF).