February 22, 2019
Holiday Inn - Yorkdale
3450 Dufferin Street
The Canadian Society of Medical Evaluators and the Canadian Academy of Psychologists in Disability Assessment are pleased to present a conference focused on the integration of psychological and physical factors in health and in third party assessments.
Canadian researchers of international recognition will present fascinating research regarding the complex relations amongst the brain, behavior and health.
Our esteemed legal experts will present court decisions where clinical teams provided multidisciplinary assessments related to personal injury and disability cases, and explore implications for the integration of the assessors’ respective opinions.
Visit event's website
- DR. AMIR MINERBI, McGill University, presenting research on the bidirectional connection between the gut microbiome and the brain, and recent research on fibromyalgia patients.
- DR. VALERIE TAYLOR, University of Calgary, presenting research on the microbiome and mental illness (psychobiotics).
- DR. BOBBY STOJANOSKI, London, ON, will present research from the lab of Dr. Adrian Owen regarding brain ‘death’ and consciousness.
- DR. DAVID COREY, Brain Scan Inc., Toronto, will present preliminary research regarding fMRI and mild traumatic brain injury.
- LAURA EMMETT, Strigberger Brown Armstrong LLP, President of the Canadian Defense Lawyers
- JEFFREY SHINEHOFT, JS Personal Injury Law
- DR. AVI ORNER, University of Toronto, President of CSME