Have you ever wondered why connecting and working with some people is easier for you than working with others? Have you noticed that you relate better to colleagues who focus more on creating momentum and inspiring others than those who are very direct, or strive for accuracy and perfection? Perhaps you are more comfortable working with people who take a spontaneous, energetic approach than with people who work at a steadier, more cautious pace?
If you recognize that there are some people you find harder to work with than others, come and learn how to bridge the gaps and differences when working with them. By learning the priorities, preferences and unique attributes of the DiSC® styles (dominance, influence, steadiness and compliance), you will be better able to connect with colleagues whose style differs from yours.
What You Will Learn
• The characteristics of your DiSC® style and the strengths and challenges your style brings into the workplace
• How your style tends to react to other styles and how your style is perceived by others
• Strategies to increase your effectiveness when trying to connect, solve problems and deal with tense situations.
• A method to identify an individual’s style based on their behavioural cues
• Strategies and approaches to better relate and work with the various styles
Facilitated by: Karen Bergin, Professional Learning and Development Consultant Professional Learning & Development Consultant, Insurance Institute of Canada