If you already have an understanding of general liability insurance, this full day will provide you practical information about Errors and Omissions insurance. The facilitators will explain how E&O exposures arise and how insurance coverage works, how to advice insureds, and how to deal with claims.
A detailed workshop will provide a guide based on real circumstances of how to address the application of cover and resolving claims.
You will learn more about:
- How the law has evolved to create liability for professionals and what the insurance can cover
- Fiduciary duties of professionals that add to the exposures they face
- Insurance coverage provided by the E&O policy with comparison to the CGL policy
- Guidance on Underwriting/Broking of the coverage to provide for a greater level of knowledge on the attendant’s part
- Claims experience and what can go wrong for professionals- and what it means in dealing with claims handling and resolution
Seminar Facilitator:Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM
CE hours: 5.5 (Ontario/Alberta/Manitoba)
Visit event's website