Management responsibilities are becoming more complex and managers require a variety of skills to be effective. This three day program has been designed to enable managers to develop new skills and enhance their management capabilities.
Effective People Management is a three day program that uses online pre-work, engaging facilitation with contemporary video, and personalized objectives to create superior learning experience.Participants learn how to read the styles of the people they manage. The result is managers who adapt their styles to manage more effectively.
Modules 1: Introduction to Your Management Style
Participants discover how DiSC affects management style, including decision making and problem solving. Participants will also learn to identify others’ DiSC styles using behavioral cues.
- Learn about the DiSC® model and how it informs the role of manager
- Discover your management style on the Everything DiSC® Management Map
- Explore the priorities that drive your management style
Module 2: Your DiSC® Management Style, Part II
Participants explore how they tend to manage time, decisions, and problem solving.
- Explore the influence your management style has on how you manage time, make decisions, and approach problems.
- Discover how your style helps shape your day as a manager.
- Learn a method for recognizing other people’s DiSC® styles.
Module 3: Directing and Delegating:
Managers discover their strengths and challenges when directing and delegating, and how to adapt their behavior to manage people more effectively.
- Learn about your natural directing and delegating style.
- Identify the directing and delegating needs of different people.
- Write an action plan for improving how you direct and delegate to a person you manage.
Module 4: Creating a Motivating Environment
Participants discover how DiSC styles influence how people are motivated.
- Learn how you affect the motivation of others.
- Recognize what different people find motivating and demotivating
- Write an action plan for creating a more motivating environment for someone you manage.
Module 5: Developing Others
Managers learn how to provide resources, environments, and opportunities that support long-term professional growth, based on DiSC.
- Learn about your natural style of developing others.
- Identify the development preferences of different people.
- Write an action plan for developing a specific employee.
Module 6: Working with Your Manager
Participants learn to influence and communicate effectively with their managers by meeting their DiSC needs and preferences.
- Consider how your manager might see you.
- Discover different approaches for getting buy-in from your manager.
- Write an action plan for improving how you work with your manager.
Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM, MRD Consulting