WEBINAR | ENHANCING | TECHNICAL
Liquor is typically available to most of us on a regular basis – and those serving alcohol have an additional duty of care to serve it responsibly. Commercial, employer and social hosts have been held liable for their actions around serving alcohol, so it’s critical that these liability issues are understood insurance professionals.
This two-hour webinar provides you with clarification and a refresher of the key concepts related to this high-interest topic.
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between a commercial host, an employer host and a social host as it relates to host liquor liability.
- Identify the statutes and case law that defines the responsibilities of these roles.
- Explain the responsibilities of each category of host to their patrons, employees, guests, and third parties.
- Identify ways hosts can protect themselves from this type of liability exposure.
- Demonstrate coverage issues that can arise
- Identify risks and responsibilities from non-auto related claims
- Explain the impact of Cannabis on this area of law
Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM, MRD Consulting
Daniel Striberger, LLB, Strigberger, Brown, Armstrong, LLP
CE Hours 2 – Pending