Are you looking to start a new career as an insurance broker or agent?
Don’t miss the opportunity to prepare for your licensing exam in a classroom setting.
Conestoga Chapter – Insurance Institute of Ontario is pleased to offer students, new to the Insurance Industry, an intense two week (10 days) Agent (Other than Life) and Broker (Entry Level 1- “Acting Under Supervision”) program. The program is designed to prepare students for the Agent and Broker exam.
Participants will benefit from these learnings:
- Introduction to insurance business, the law and insurance, insurance contracts, insurance intermediaries
- The insurance company (the insurer), Government control, insurance organizations/associations, Insurance documents, common clauses and insurance practices
- Fire insurance – The Homeowner’s Policy
- Other personal lines – Liability Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- Commercial Insurance for the Broker (RIBO) and Travel Insurance for the Agent (OTL)
- Claims and loss adjustments, re-insurance, risk management/loss prevention
- Two practice exams (does not count towards final mark)
Small to medium classes allow the instructors to provide our students with excellent instruction and exam results!!
Students must attend all classes as well as complete at-home assignments which will be reviewed in class, with the instructor.
Classes are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., beginning November 4, 2019. Please arrive for class early.
Agent (OTL) and Broker (RIBO) exams will be held on November 18, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.