Imagine that one of your clients was judged to be legally liable for injuries suffered by a third party.
What would happen if the incident that caused the loss was covered under the insurance policy, but your client was ordered to pay the injured party more than the limit of the liability provided by the policy you sold? Or, perhaps your client is sued for an occurrence arising from his or her volunteer work for a non-profit organization. Would a claim of this nature be covered by the underlying liability policy?
If you are new to insurance and have limited knowledge of the P&C insurance industry, or are a support person in the industry such as administrative or HR staff, this half day seminar is for you! This session will be of benefit to administrative and support staff, accounts personnel, Human Resources and Information Technology employees, and any newcomers to the industry who would like to broaden their understanding of personal umbrella liability policy.
By the end of this session, you will be able to :
– Know what umbrella insurance is and how it works
– Understand policy limits
– Know the differences between excess liability vs. umbrella liability
– Retained limit
– Maintenance of primary coverage limits
– Coverage features
– Territorial limits (auto and property)
– Performing a coverage comparison
– Claims examples
– Be able to identify the target market for personal umbrella
– Gain some insight into selling strategies
Seminar Leader: Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM
President, MRD Consulting
RIBO CE Hours: 3 Technical hours
Attend our morning Condo Seminar and received a discount on both seminars!