Where does responsible oversight of corporations begin? What are the recent developments in Director Liability?
This seminar will address the critical issues facing officers and directors today. You will gain the necessary tools to provide prudent insurance counsel and advice in a difficult and demanding legal environment. The session is geared towards junior commercial underwriters, claims professionals and commercial brokers.
Today, under increased public scrutiny and in light of significant regulatory developments, corporate directors must fully grasp every aspect of their strategic, fiduciary and legal roles. Join us in this half-day seminar to increase your knowledge and ensure you are recommending and placing appropriate coverages for your corporate clients.
You will have a better understanding of:
- The statutory and common law duties and responsibilities of directors
- The rights of shareholders and third parties
- Identify and manage risk factors
- Coverage provided
- Who is insured?
- What claims are covered?
- Obligations of the insured and insurer
- Corporate Governance – An underwriting Perspective
CE Hours: 3 Technical RIBO hours