The Strata Property Act provides a legal framework in which insurance is divided between the strata corporation and individual unit owners. Actual insurance policy wordings may not correspond precisely with this legal framework. Attend this seminar for an overview of the general framework of the Strata Property Act and how it interacts with actual insurance policy wordings. In addition our expert panel of presenters will also discuss the following topics:
– Strata Human rights issues and handling bylaw infraction complaints
– What are the Strata Corporations obligations when faced with allegations of discremination?
– How do these obligations differ the the Strata’s obligation to enforce its bylaws?
– Subrogation and Recovery in Strata’s
– The BC Civil Resolution Tribunal
PRESENTERS from Carfra Lawton Lawyers LLP:
Neil Carfra, Partner
Amos Comeau, Associate
Tim Wedge, Associate
Karen Orr, Associate
CE Credits: 3 Technical
FEES (includes coffee service, light snacks & GST):
$125 CIP Members (Graduates)
$150 IIBC Members
$230 Non Members (Includes IIBC Membership expiring May 31st, 2017)