by Insurance Institute of Ontario
June 05 - June 26, 2020
18 King St. E., 16th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5C 1C4
June 05, 2020 9:00 am - June 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Please note that this seminar has been cancelled. Please contact email@example.com for more information. Thank you.
Do you need to enhance your teaching and facilitation skills? If so, this four-day certificate program is for you. (June 5, 12, 19, 26, 2020)
This instructional course will give you the resources needed to understand your audience, prepare your lessons and outcomes and be an overall better trainer or instructor. It is also used to develop instructors for the Insurance Institute CIP class programs.
Section 1: Introduction to Adult Learners and Training / Planning
– Understanding how adults learn
– Understanding different learning styles
– Setting up the learning environment
– Developing lesson plans / learning outcomes
– Introduction to creative training techniques
– Effective Openings
– Icebreakers and Energizers
– Balancing creative training techniques and the reality of corporate learning
Section 3: Implementation
– Improving transfer of information to the job
– Job Aids
– Gaining and Retaining Understanding
– Case Study
– Visual Aids and Handouts
– Practice Teaching With Feedback
Section 4: Evaluation and Feedback
– 4 Levels of Evaluation
– Preparing Evaluation tools for learners
– Incorporating Feedback into the Instructional Process
– Developing an Instructional Feedback Form
– Testing and Observation
– Structuring Projects and Case Studies
– Teaching Dry Material
Laurie Flasko, CEC, CSP
DATES: June 5, 12, 19, 26 , 2020
CE Accreditation: 20 Management RIBO hours
PLEASE NOTE: – Prices above are for IIO Members.
– Non-members & renewing members please add the IIO membership fee. – No refunds, credit notes issued only with 48 hour written notice.
– The price of our full-day seminars include breakfast snacks upon arrival, morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch.