In celebration of its 100th anniversary, IBABC held its annual conference gala on May 31, 2018. Nearly 1,100 people attended the event at Vancouver’s BC Place stadium.
In recognition of the work done by IBABC-member insurance brokers over past decades to establish today’s professional standards for insurance brokerages, IBABC launched an awards program that recognizes top-performing brokers, brokerages, and allied trades.
The inaugural winners in the seven awards categories were announced at the gala. They are:
• IBABC Centennial Inaugural Builder Award: Bill Earle, Group Publisher, Insurance People Media, Vancouver.
• Partner/Supplier of the Year: Special Risk Insurance Managers, Mark Woodall, President & CEO, and Tom Willie, Director of Underwriting & Partner, Langley.
• Young Broker of the Year: Chelsea Fitzpatrick-Lindsay, Vice President of Operations/Marketing, Park Insurance, Burnaby.
• Personal Insurance Broker of the Year: Dorothea VanHerwaarden, Manager, Private Client Group, Producer Services and Digital Leads, Axis Group, Vancouver.
• Commercial Insurance Broker of the Year: Amrit Sidhu, Account Executive & Director of Operations, S&S Insurance, Vancouver.
• Community Champion of the Year: Jim Ball, President, Reliance Insurance Agencies, Burnaby.
• Brokerage of the Year: MacDermott’s Insurance Agency, Port Alberni.