January 4, 2016 by Canadian Underwriter
RIMS, the risk management society, announced on Monday that Julie Pemberton will lead the Society as president for the 2016 term, which became effective as of Jan. 1.
Pemberton (pictured left) is the director of enterprise risk and insurance management for Outerwall Inc., RIMS said in a media release. She has been a member of RIMS for more than 16 years and has been on its board of directors for six years.
Previously, Pemberton served as the Society’s vice president and board liaison to the RIMS External Affairs Committee. Pemberton, who is RIMS 62nd president, is a member of RIMS Chicago chapter.
“Every invention. Every startup. Every process, guideline, protocol and standard starts with an idea,” Pemberton said in the release. “Risk professionals’ responsibilities continue to evolve and are growing within their organizations. In addition to mitigating the impact of a risk, practitioners are initiating ideas and developing solutions to not only prevent unwanted risks but to embrace and enable risk taking that optimizes business growth.”
Officers on RIMS 2016 board of directors include:
• President: Julie C. Pemberton, ARM; director, enterprise risk and insurance management, Outerwall Inc.;
• Vice president: Nowell R. Seaman, CIP, CRM; director, global risk management, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.;
• Treasurer: Jennifer Santiago, ARM; director of insurance, Novartis Corporation;
• Secretary: Steve Pottle, CIP, CRM; director, risk management services, York University.
New Board Member:
• Emily Cummins, CPA, CPCU, CISSP, ARM, ARE; managing director of tax and risk management, National Rifle Association;
• Barry Dillard; director, claims management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US;
• Laura Langone; senior director, global risk management and insurance, PayPal, Inc. Holdings.
Incumbent Board Members:
• Gordon Adams; risk management, Servco Pacific Inc.;
• Gloria Brosius; corporate risk manager, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings;
• Robert Cartwright, Jr., CRM; safety and health manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
• Richard J. Roberts, Jr., RF, ALCM, ARM, ARME, CPCU; director of risk management and employee benefits, Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. (Ex-Officio);
• Janet Stein; director, risk management & insurance, University of Calgary;
• Robert Zhang; China risk and compliance manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
RIMS is a global not-for-profit organization representing more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. Founded in 1950, RIMS brings networking, professional development and education opportunities to its membership of more than 11,000 risk management professionals who are located in more than 60 countries.