November 8, 2010 by Canadian Underwriter
CFC, a specialist lines underwriting agent, has launched an insurance policy designed to provide comprehensive protection for social media companies.
Esurance 2.0 includes:
• comprehensive media liability, including cover for user-generated content;
• defamation including libel and slander;
• cyber-liability, privacy liability and privacy breach notification costs;
• intellectual property rights infringement;
• employers’ and public liability; and
• property and business interruption, including cyber perils.
Esurance 2.0 is aimed at a range of social media companies, including social networks and community-based Web sites, online gaming companies, photo, music and video sharing Web sites, Web publishers, bloggers and wikis.