February 2, 2016 by Canadian Underwriter
Aviva Canada has announced the expansion of its classic and custom vehicles program in Quebec through The Silver Wheel Plan, available via the insurer’s network of brokers in partnership with Leclerc Insurance and Financial Services.
“The enhanced product offering and streamlined procedures will be exclusively available Feb. 1,” notes a statement issued Monday by Aviva Canada.
“Classic and custom car enthusiasts are meticulous about protecting their valued treasures,” Martin-Eric Tremblay, Aviva Canada’s senior vice president, Quebec and Atlantic, says in the company statement.
Through the plan from Leclerc Insurance – which has many years of experience with leisure/lifestyle insurance in the Quebec market – “our broker partners can provide the specialized service that car enthusiasts need, without added costs or processes,” Tremblay continues.
Highlights of the plan include the following:
* there is no appraisal required, allowing for jointly determining vehicle value, backed by the valuation expertise provided by the Hagerty Valuation Tools;
* agreed value coverage, meaning customers are covered for the insured value if the vehicle is a total loss;
* year-round coverage across Canada and the United States;
* automatic coverage of as much as $25,000 on newly acquired and replacement vehicles; and
* deductible options starting at $100.
With the simplified process now in place, Aviva Canada notes that insurance brokers are asked to contact Leclerc Insurance.